Becoming a Flight Information Service Officer

Flight Information Service Officers in the United Kingdom are licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority.  Their website contains full details on obtaining a FISO licence .

Training for the written exams can be conducted either on a self-study basis, or via a  course offered by Global ATS


It is worth noting that should you succeed in gaining a FISO licence it must then be validated at the unit that you intend to work at.  For this reason we would strongly suggest that those intending to privately fund their training and examination fees should ensure that they have gained confirmation from a unit that they are able to validate their licence there once the written exams have been achieved.